The Bank of Maysville was founded in 1835. As the Commonwealth of Kentucky's oldest independent bank, our history serves as testimony that we are a community-minded financial institution dedicated to meeting the needs of our customers and the region we serve. The following is a short list of some of the significant events in our history. Please contact us if you are interested in knowing more about our past, present, or future.
- The Bank of Maysville commenced business in Maysville, Kentucky as a branch of the Bank of Kentucky. The bank received the first deposit on June 26, 1835.
- In 1871, branch banking was prohibited in Kentucky, so the bank was organized into the Bank of Maysville.
- The Bank of Maysville acquired the Union Trust Company of Maysville in 1916 and changed its name to Bank of Maysville, National Banking Association.
- In 1919, the bank consolidated with First Standard Bank and Trust Company, Maysville. At that time we became a combined bank and trust company.
- The Bank of Maysville moved into our present main bank location at 20 West 2nd Street, Maysville in 1920.
- In order to meet the changing needs of our community, the bank opened the first drive through branch in Maysville in 1957 at 12 West 3rd Street.
- Branches had been established on Forest Avenue in 1969 and in the Bluegrass Shopping Center, U.S. 68 in 1972.
- In 1977, the Bank of Maysville was the first bank in the Maysville area to offer 24-hour banking with the use of an ATM.
- The Bank of Maysville introduced 7 day a week banking with the opening of our branch in the Kroger store at Maysville Market Square in 1993.
- In 2001, the Bank of Maysville introduced online banking services to our customers.
- 2008 marked the opening of a new state-of-the-art banking facility located on the AA Highway at 253 Wal-Mart Way, Maysville.
Welcome Letter from our President
Welcome to bankofmaysville.com! We are excited to expand our services and allow you to do your banking when it is convenient for you in the comfort of your own home or office. We appreciate the value of your business and are committed to satisfying your banking needs each time you visit bankofmaysville.com or any of our branch locations. We hope you will find our website interesting and informative, and we ask you to send us any comments or questions by contacting us at any of our branch locations.
The Bank of Maysville is the oldest independent bank in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, and we are proud to have served the financial needs of northern Kentucky and southern Ohio since 1835. Our philosophy has always been to treat banking as "people caring about people". We retain that philosophy even in today's hectic society. As the community's leading independent bank, we are able to give you quick response to your loan application, and we can assist the community with local projects that benefit all of us. The Bank of Maysville is “big enough to serve you, but small enough to know you”.
Again, we thank you for visiting bankofmaysville.com and the Bank of Maysville. If you are already a customer, we truly value your relationship. If you are not, we would certainly like to discuss your financial needs. Please contact us either in person or by phone.
James A. Finch